We permit online via CitizenServe. You will have access to:
- Administrative Appeals
- Mobile Home Set-up Permits
- Building Permits
- Plan Review Uploading
- Encroachment Permits
- Plat Approvals
- FoIA Requests
- Special Exceptions
- Inspection Requests
- Subdivision Reviews
- Land Use Permits
- Mobile Home Moving Permits
- Zoning Permits, and more
- CitizenServe (Online Permitting)
- International Code Council (Order Code Books)
- SC Dept of Labor (Find Licensed Pros)
- ICC Information (Code Questions)
What We Do:
- Administer the building permitting and inspection program as required of the County by state law.
- Interpret, direct, and coordinate the enforcement of the currently adopted version of the International Code.
- Provide administrative services to the Building Board of Appeals.
- Ensure that contractors are properly licensed in the State of South Carolina to perform work.
What We Don't Do:
- Issue contractor licenses. For license information contact SC LLR.
- Design, inspect or approve septic or waste disposal systems. For information on septic systems contact SCDHEC at 864-638-4185.
- Certify the construction of new manufactured homes. For information on manufactured homes contact the Manufactured Housing Board at the LLR website.