Conservatorship Questions:

What is a Conservator?
What individuals need a Conservator?
Who would be an Appropriate Conservator?
What must be filed to begin a Conservatorship proceeding for a minor?
What must be filed to begin a Conservatorship proceeding for an adult?
What is the court's involvement once the Conservator is appointed?
Do I need an attorney to petition to be a Conservator?
Why is an attorney appointed as the Guardian Ad Litem and why is one needed in this proceeding?
Will a surety bond be required for the appointment of a Conservator?
How do I know if Oconee County is the appropriate place to file the petition?
How does the Conservatorship terminate?

Our Mission

It is the mission of Oconee County to provide our current and future citizens and visitors quality services while protecting our communities, heritage, environment and natural resources, in an ever-changing world.


Oconee County – A diverse, growing, safe, vibrant community guided by rural traditions and shaped by natural beauty; where employment, education and recreation offer a rich quality of life for all generations, both today and tomorrow.


  • Pay Taxes - 864-638-4162
  • Tax Notices - 864-638-4158
  • Real Estate - 864-638-4150
  • Building Codes - 864-718-1005
  • Court House - 864-638-4280
  • Other Inquiries - 864-638-4244
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • 415 S. Pine St. Walhalla, SC 29691