Common VA Questions

How can I get a copy of my DD214 (military discharge certificate)?
Our office can assist you in obtaining a copy of your form DD214.
Do I need an appointment?
What benefits are available and how do I know if I qualify?
Who qualifies as a Veteran?
Am I or a family member eligible for VA help with assisted living or nursing home care?
My service connected disabilities have worsened. What should I do?
My disabilities are not service connected. Do I qualify for any help from Veterans Affairs?
What type of burial or memorial benefits am I eligible for?
Do I qualify for property tax exemption?
Am I entitled to surviving spouse benefits if I am divorced from the Veteran?
Where can I get my discharge papers certified?
What VA benefits are my spouse entitled to once I pass away?
I served in the National Guard, am I eligible for VA benefits or medical benefits?
What is net worth?
How do I request replacement awards and medals?

Our Mission

It is the mission of Oconee County to provide our current and future citizens and visitors quality services while protecting our communities, heritage, environment and natural resources, in an ever-changing world.


Oconee County – A diverse, growing, safe, vibrant community guided by rural traditions and shaped by natural beauty; where employment, education and recreation offer a rich quality of life for all generations, both today and tomorrow.


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
415 S. Pine St.
Walhalla, SC 29691