- To serve in an advisory role to Council on any matter concerning agriculture in order to ensure that the diverse agricultural interests in the county are both supported and developed, that communication and cooperation among the varied agricultural concerns in Oconee County are fostered, and that agriculture's vital role in the economy and character of the county are both maintained and developed.
- To formulate plans and recommend their implementation to County Council, including, but not limited to, ways to bolster agri-business, agri-tourism, and agriculture in general.
- To make policy recommendations, through the Planning Commission, and to County Council regarding agricultural land use.
- To coordinate policy development with other jurisdictions and agencies to better promote the agricultural industry as a whole.
- To serve as an educational and public awareness forum for agriculture related topics.
The Agricultural Advisory Board reports directly to County Council, and/or committees as appropriate and necessary in order to carry out the foregoing functions.